Wednesday, September 9, 2009

AN INTIMATE GATHERING


It was another fun night for Guy Simpson and me as we talked and answered questions about our favorite subject, BARBECUE! This was an intimate class of 9 participants held in Guy’s garage. This lively group seemed to be made up of family, friends, and co-workers. Their enthusiasm was what you hope for when teaching a class, especially on a wet and dreary evening.

I would like to personally thank everyone that came out for last night’s class. I truly enjoyed your zeal for learning more about barbecue. I genuinely enjoyed your questions and our time together.
Here are a few pictures from last nights get together.
















On a side note, one of my many passions in life is teaching. I receive such pleasure in knowing that I have helped someone to realize their aspirations. Here is a fact about me that many of you don’t know. Before I became the Kansas City Baron of Barbecue I was a teacher, Ohhh! I taught 2 years at Saint Pius X High School located in North Kansas City, MO, and 1 year at Bishop Ward High School located in Kansas City, Kansas. I taught typing /business management and I was the head coach for the wrestling team, both the B and freshman football team, and an assistant coach for the varsity football team. I wrote my first book while I was teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment